Japan’s envoy meets Narendra ModiNovember 26, 2012
Ahmedabad, 26 November 2012
Japan’s envoy in India Mr. Takesai Yagi today called on Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi in Gandhinagar today.
The issues of economic and industrial partnership dominated the meeting.
Mr. Takesh told Modi that a high-level delegation of Japan will visit Gujarat in January 2013 to participate in the Vibrant Gujarat Summit. He said Japan will organize two seminars in February-March 2013 on the subjects of Urban transport and Land and Infrastructure.
He told Mr. Modi that out of total 19 projects that Japan has planned in India, seven are going to be established in Gujarat.
Mr. Takesai visited Ahmedabad’s Janmagar-BRTS and Sabarmati river front projects and admired them.
SominduS‘s take on this development:
(1) Its very rare for for Envoy to meet state leader ahead of few days to election. More amusing is Narendra Modi receiving them with all warmth.
(2) Abe’s chances in Japan could also be good and it could be the reason Diplomacy working actively. (Read the whole article on Modi and Abe)
(3) Japan announced 19 infrastructure projects to be funded by JBIC. H. E. Yagi conveying the importance of Gujarat as maximum projects gained by State.
(4) The most important point is Japan will send big delegation for Vibrant. Since elections will be also be over in Japan and new Govt in place, some senior cabinet minister may also visit Gujarat.
(5) If so, it will again grab headlines in Japan and starting with Nikkei all newspaper will fondly remember Modi’s visit and Vibrancy of Gujarat.
(6) Not stopping at symbolic Vibrant Gujarat event, Japan also will partner two more summits on Transport and Infra in Feb-March.
(7) This means, not only METI Ministry but other important ministries will also engage Gujarat, thus increasing cooperation base.
(8) Club it with Jetro’s upcoming industrial park, and Suzuki investment, relations will be much warmer between Japan and India.
(9) Japan’s participation in Vibrant this time will stand out in absolute terms. It augurs well for India as well as Vibrant Summit
(10) Growth of Gujarat will bring much better benefits for DMIC as gateway to ports, it will also benefit landlocked states of north and centre.
While wise Gujaratis will not miss this siginificant event, people with myopic malnutrioned glasses will not see this.
- PM Modi through power of innovation catapulting India into one of great powers of world:Netanyahu
- PM Modi inaugurates iCreate campus in Gujarat in presence of Israel PM
- Israeli PM accorded grand and colourful welcome in Gujarat, participates in half and hour 8 km long India Cultural Road Show
- Live: Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu in Gujarat
- Crime Branch shares factual details contrary to Pravin Togadia's version
- Modi - Netanyahu to visit Rs 12 crore Centre of Excellence for Vegetables