AMC/Govt extend hand to poor and children for free healthcareJanuary 29, 2013
by our correspondent, Ahmedabad, 29 January 2013
As per the state government’s directions, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation has started procedure of health check up of all Anganwadi, primary, secondary and higher secondary school children and also those children who are below 14 and don’t go to school.
This health check up drive has been going on through 57 urban health centres in AMC area. The drive was started on 31 December, and as many as 3,33,207 children are already checked.
Of them 5084 children were treated at the health check up camp venue itself, while 608 children were referred to further medical care. Of them 101 children are referred to medical facility for free treatment of heart related diseases, 46 for kidney treatment, 73 for cancer treatment, and 27 for thalassemia treatment.
In another development, the AMC has organized a multi specialty medical camp at Rukshmaniben government hospital, Khokhra on 30th January 2013 between 10.30 am and 2.00 pm through Narayana Hridayalaya hospital under Mukhyamantri Amrutam programme (MA).
The state government has implemented MA programme for medical care upto Rs 2.00 lakh for five members of below poverty line (BPL) citizens. The beneficiaries are given MA programme card to avail benefits of the scheme.
The medical camp of 30th January will not only host medical checkup for heart, kidney, urology and neurology related illness, but also take care for treatment. Also those BPL care owners who are yet not registered for the benefits of MA card will be registered during this medical camp. Disabled will be checked up and given disable certificate during this camp.
- Heavy rain and flood: 14 airlifted, 6,360 shifted to safer places, 3 deaths in Gujarat on Saturday
- Gujarat BJP announces helpline number for heavy rain situation
- Army rescues 35 from food affected Kuda village in Surendranagar
- At least 11, mostly Gujaratis dead, over 35 injured in two bus mishaps
- After review meeting CM Rupani says, extensive relief/rescue operations on, 214 saved
- Amid latest spell of heavy downpour Gujarat crosses half way mark of seasonal rain percentage