Ravindra Jadeja banned from IPL for a yearFebruary 13, 2010
Ravindra Jadeja banned from IPL for a year
13 February, 2010
Based on a unanimous decision taken by the IPL Governing Council and on instructions from the President of the BCCI, India Cricketer – Ravindra Jadeja was handed out a one year playing ban. Ravindra Jadeja will not be allowed to play for any IPL team for the next one year.
The ban was on account of Ravindra Jadeja not signing a renewal contract with the Rajasthan Royals and attempting, instead to negotiate a larger financial contract with some of the other IPL franchises. Thus, resulting in a serious non-adherence to the IPL player guidelines.
Clarifying the same Mr. Lalit Modi, Chairman & Commissioner, Indian Premier League today stated, “The IPL Governing Council has arrived at this decision after due deliberations done after taking into account Ravindra Jadeja’s representation to the President of the BCCI and a further representation by the Rajasthan Royals.
“The player guidelines laid out by the Governing Council of the IPL are sacrosanct and all players will need to strictly adhere to the same. We will not tolerate any player playing games or blackmailing any teams or the IPL/BCCI in any manner.”
- PM Modi through power of innovation catapulting India into one of great powers of world:Netanyahu
- PM Modi inaugurates iCreate campus in Gujarat in presence of Israel PM
- Israeli PM accorded grand and colourful welcome in Gujarat, participates in half and hour 8 km long India Cultural Road Show
- Live: Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu in Gujarat
- Crime Branch shares factual details contrary to Pravin Togadia's version
- Modi - Netanyahu to visit Rs 12 crore Centre of Excellence for Vegetables