Home » More » Text » RTO to dispatch license,RC book,Permit through speed post

RTO to dispatch license,RC book,Permit through speed post

RTO to dispatch license,RC book,Permit through speed post
Gandhinagar, 29 November, 2010

In a bid to avert long queues at the RTO offices, the transport department has decided to home-deliver the driving licences.

Gujarat government has taken a decision to dispatch important RTO documents to applicants through speed post.

Presently an applicant has to physically come to RTO office to take delivery of important documents like license, permit and registration paper of vehicle.

But from 1st of December, the department will dispatch these documents to applicants through speed post courier at home.

The Transport Department would collect stamped self-addressed covers from applicants/owners of the vehicles while receiving applications. The covers containing the documents would be provided to the Postal Department.

Presently the department receives several reports from the police, that in most criminal cases the addresses given on drivers licences and car registrations are fake, therefore transport department has decided to henceforth have licences and vehicle registrations sent to the homes of applicants by speed post. The new system is expected to tackle the problem of fake addresses. The passport office too introduced the same system, whereby passports are delivered at homes by speed post.

The applicant will also be able to track the status of the license by entering the receipt number on a website.

Initially this service has been planned for Ahmedabad, Rajkot and Surat applicants. The service will then be extended to other areas of the state.

Government is not going to charge the dispatch cost initially.

About 9 lac applicants will get benefit of this mechanism.

Comments

1. Pranav Patel says:

A welcome step. Also, the govt. should think in direction of issuing a Vehicle Driving Textbook explaining all our road rules,signs & regulations and based on that computerised theoritical tests should be conducted as a compulsory measure to obtain a Learning License for any vehicle (Light,Medium & Heavy). This will help to minimise road accidents and traffic offenses.

2. Porbandar says:

In Porbandar RTO Office, They don’t even have any forms.

If you ask for a form, they send you to their Agent. Only way to get license OR passing of vehicle is via Agent.

Every govt dept is badly corrupted including Police. Govt is not interested in changing things here.

No Surprise, BJP loosing in porbandar ……..

3. Nirmal says:

RTO is most most most corrupt government deopartment.

4. Eternal says:

You cann’t get license without agent or any connection. It is as simple as that.

Unfortunately, depending upon what kind of connection you have, you might not even be asked to appear for driving test.

I hope Gujarat government takes action against this to stop agents involvement in this entire process. Why it cann’t be simple process where you go to RTO office, apply for license, come for test and if you pass it, get the license. Why do you need these middlemen to get this work done? Obviously, because someone in the middle is making a hell lot of money out of it.

5. sonal says:

I am very much disappointed by the working system of RTO. I wish that the new system would be better and efficient. I think, there is no need of agents to get license. Agents make the system corrupt and less efficient. online filling up the form can help in removing chaos. The procedure should be simple and convenient.

6. VIPIN says:

HOW CAN I APPLY FOR LICENCE IN AHMEDABAD DISTRICT????
    I M WAITING FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION SYSTEM.

7. IRFAN SHAIKH says:

8. pratik shah says:

i want to know the website name of getting rc book dispetch status at rtoahmedabd.

9. patel dipika kashayp says:

vehical no-gj-kh-9963 motorcar r c book not received

10. patel dipika kashayp says:

my no=eg073260491in

11. rajkot says:

rto ni undar corroption chhe evu kon kahe chhe bichara agent tamaru kaam kari ne tenu mahentanu mage chhe te public ne aapata su gatha vale chhe pahela tamo hathe kaam karava jaav to tamane mathe dhola aavi jai to tamara thi kaam na thai je kaam tamone agent kari aape to tamara baap nu su jai chhe koina pet par laat marta sharam nathi aavati luchao corroption to aa deshne lutava vala kare chhe temne goli ye aapone takat hoi to bichara agent ni pachhal su padi gaya chho

12. Anonymous says:

How do i search the status of R C book? is there any website availble.

13. Mahesh Parmar says:

Vehicle GJ-6EQ-319 Registration Certificate yet not received. is there any RC book tracking web site ? How do I know the status of my RC Book ?

14. pawan says:

I am also waiting for my RC book since Septemebr 2010. have purchased my Bajaja bike from Jamnagar city and still awaiting for my RC books. My bike passing number was alooted to me after 4 month from purchase dt. Anybody from RTO department , pl help me in tracing my RC book.

15. Girish Dobariya says:

Vehicle GJ-27-J-2464 Registration Certificate yet not received. is there any RC book tracking web site ? How do I know the status of my RC Book ?

16. santosh jha says:

rto office wale to driving licence delivery kar dete h pr postman aate hi nhi ghar pe
    khud ja to extra charge mangte hai………

17. Udmibhai gorshankar kumbhar says:

I am waiting for my R C Book. My vehicle number GJ-19 AB7492 my bike passing number 2 months ago.
    Anybody from RTO Department related person please help me in tracking MY rc book.

My contact number. 09638552016

18. sumit r mahanto says:

My original licence no is – 73653 I have aplyed for duplicate licence at rto vadodara at14/05/2013 but what is the reason i dont no?
    I do not recive my licence till today….?
    My gently request plzz send me my duplicate licence at my home soon thanks…

19. Vadodara says:

I passed my test for permanent licence last month. But still after one month i have not got a licence in my hand. They said to do speed post to me on my address. Very poor service.

20. NILU says:

I passed my test for permanent 4 WHELEER licence BEFORE 2 month. But stilli have not got a licence in my hand. They said to do speed post to me on my address. Very poor service.
    PLEASE REPLY ME MY LICENCE STATUS

21. KIRAN A SONANI says:

Dear sir

I had name change in driving licence in surat RTO, date:03/08/13,Receipt No:II/11800637 but till date i have not receive licence so please process fast.please…. i wait your mail or my licence

22. RASHMIKANT J DOSHI says:

STILL NOT LICENCE RECEIVED SO PLEASE TAKE CARE ACTION IMMEDIATELY MY RECEIPT N0 10119164 APPLICATION NO 31683213 CGR NO 244/4413 DATE 30/07/2013 THANKS

23. vimalray chandrashanker raval says:

Res Sir

I have not received my licence appno 35104913 cgr no cgr26869413 receipt no 9151624

24. govind bahi jgdish bahi soni says:

My baik glamer fi gj01ps3705 ki rc book nahi aayi

25. shamim khan says:

Dear sir
    mera licence nhi mila hai maine renival krya tha mai laence no.0037633 hai
    please despatch my licence

26. Jinal C Baxi says:

I had issue my duplicate driving license on date 15/Nov/2013
    Its CGR No is:CGR32844113
    AND Appl No is:42750013

still i m not getting my license.. I want to know where it will come..

27. Vikram V. Shah says:

I have given my old licence for renewal on 21/09/2013 and my receipt no. 11/9167391.
    please let me know when I will get my licence ?

28. Palak Doshi says:

I have not received my rc book yet, my barcode No. is EG568182424IN. Please let me no soon.

29. ketan m panchal says:

HP cancell GJ:01:NR:4608

30. prijesh hirpara says:

my baik activa ki RC book nahi aayi he no.GJ 01 SE 5934 he

31. rafik pathan says:

My hero honda ph pro ka RC Book muze Abhitak mila nahi.MH.13BE.7790 registration date.14.05.2012
    In Maharashtra solapur RTO.

32. pritesh patel says:

dear sir,
    meri maruti esstim GJ 2 AC 5758 ki rc book abhi tak nahi mili hai.
    please give me details.

33. Ranjeet parmar says:

My New bike regestion GJ 6 HG 8049, but RC book not collect by post please, hury up give to rc book

34. SARASWATHY C. NAIR says:

I have submitted my original RC Book of my Maruti Alto Car No. GJ1KA 1286 to RTO Ahmedabad on 15.1.2014 vide their receipt No. II-14050771 for conversion of RC book to smart card format as per the requirement. But, till now i.e. more than 2 months are passed, I have not get back my RC book which is supposed to be sent by speed post, for the reason unknown to me. So, kindly guide me in the matter as to why my RC book smart card is delayed and when I will be able to receive the same.

35. desai shivabhai m says:

Res sir

I want my RC BOOK becous i havn’t my rc book so plz give me my rc book
    my bike name is cb twistar panjab honda bike no gj 1 nq 5096

Rag No name Desai ShivaBhai M

36. Sarojben Patel says:

Res Sir

I have till do-day not received my licence appno 6370514, cgr no cgr5438714 receipt no II 14073061 Dtd.26.02.2014