Narendra Modi announces new fishing ports, diesel subsidy and more at VeravalAugust 13, 2012
By DeshGujarat news, Veraval, 13 August 2012
Speaking at Sagar khedu sammelan in Veraval today, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi announced state government’s approval to new fishing port/harbours in Gujarat. This includes Veraval fishing port phase-2, Mangrol fishing port phase-3, Sutrapada fishing port, Bhadeli fishing port, Porbandar fishing port phase-2, Okha fishing port, Jafrabad fishing port, and couple of other fishing ports including one in Valsad district.
The Chief Minister also announced diesel subsidy worth Rs 200 crore. He said this subsidy will cover 11,000 boats. It will not be limited to only below poverty line beneficiaries but to all fishermen.
Shri Modi made announcement to increase per-day assistance to each family of fisherman caught by Pakistan by Rs 100. The government has been giving the family Rs. 50 a day at present, but now it will give Rs 150.
Shri Modi also announced ambitious programme of sea weed farming involving 5,000 Sakhi mandals in coastal areas of Gujarat.
He said the state government has taken a decision to set up a separate marine police force in which the youths from coastal areas of Gujarat will be given jobs. “The youths of coastal Gujarat will not only protect the nation this way,” he said.
Modi said he would stay in Junagadh district for three days starting from today, “which is the highest time any Chief Minister has spent ever in this district”.
Shri Modi laid stone/dedicated development projects of coastal towns including Kodinar, Una and Veraval worth Rs 250 crore including drainage and water distribution networks and city bus service.
- PM Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah at BJP headquarters after historic Lok Sabha victory
- Amid Modi's Tsunami, BJP wins all the 26 seats of his home-state Gujarat again, 15 with a margin of more than 3 lakh votes, Shah registers record win in Gandhinagar
- I accept moral responsibility of defeat all seats of Gujarat: Amit Chavda
- PM removes Chowkidar prefix from his twitter handle, explains the reason
- Two seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat to fall vacant as Shah, Smriti elected to Lok Sabha
- BJP wins all four assembly seats in Gujarat by-polls