Narendra Modi announces new fishing ports, diesel subsidy and more at VeravalAugust 13, 2012
By DeshGujarat news, Veraval, 13 August 2012
Speaking at Sagar khedu sammelan in Veraval today, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi announced state government’s approval to new fishing port/harbours in Gujarat. This includes Veraval fishing port phase-2, Mangrol fishing port phase-3, Sutrapada fishing port, Bhadeli fishing port, Porbandar fishing port phase-2, Okha fishing port, Jafrabad fishing port, and couple of other fishing ports including one in Valsad district.
The Chief Minister also announced diesel subsidy worth Rs 200 crore. He said this subsidy will cover 11,000 boats. It will not be limited to only below poverty line beneficiaries but to all fishermen.
Shri Modi made announcement to increase per-day assistance to each family of fisherman caught by Pakistan by Rs 100. The government has been giving the family Rs. 50 a day at present, but now it will give Rs 150.
Shri Modi also announced ambitious programme of sea weed farming involving 5,000 Sakhi mandals in coastal areas of Gujarat.
He said the state government has taken a decision to set up a separate marine police force in which the youths from coastal areas of Gujarat will be given jobs. “The youths of coastal Gujarat will not only protect the nation this way,” he said.
Modi said he would stay in Junagadh district for three days starting from today, “which is the highest time any Chief Minister has spent ever in this district”.
Shri Modi laid stone/dedicated development projects of coastal towns including Kodinar, Una and Veraval worth Rs 250 crore including drainage and water distribution networks and city bus service.
- In videos: Two Patidar community events at same time, one for progress, another for politics
- Coherent administration, substantial and sustainable social growth and bottom-up approach: Rupani on 4 years of Modi govt in Centre
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Phase -I of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Health department inquiry team visit Adnai run G K hospital in Bhuj even as 111 children deaths confirmed this year
- Forest Guard attacked by Lioness in Gujarat
- Son of Gujarat completes four years as PM, far longer period compared to earlier Gujarati PM Morarji Desai; Gujarat Congress protests titling it as Vishwasghat Diwas, fields Narmada tweet row fame Rajiv Satav to lead it