In pictures: Osamu Suzuki visits Maruti’s Gujarat plant siteAugust 25, 2012
Mehsana, 25 August 2012
Japan’s Suzuki Motor Corp (SMC) Chairman Osamu Suzuki today visited the site here where its subsidiary Maruti Suzuki India plans to set up a new manufacturing unit at an investment of Rs 4,000 crore.
Accompanied by Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) Chairman R C Bhargava, company Managing Director and CEO Shinzo Nakanishi and state government officials, Suzuki inspected the 700-acre site besides meeting local people.
“He (Osamu Suzuki) took an idea of the land allotted to us by the state government. The site and location of the plant is very good,” Bhargava told reporters.
MSI is planning to set up a new plant that will have a capacity to roll out 2.5 lakh cars annually by 2015-16, besides setting up a skill development centre.
Bhargava said no ground breaking ceremony for the plant, which is near Mehsana, could take place in next 2-3 months before infrastructure requirements are put in place.
Sounding upbeat about the location, he said: “The local people are also very good and welcoming. It is a great help for any company coming.”
- No truth in reports of my resignation: Bharatsinh Solanki clarifies
- Over 10 office of Samrudh Jeevan cooperative raided and sealed in Gujarat
- Police foils Love-Jihad bid, nabs Muslim youth with married Gujarati girl from Mumbai airport
- Suzlon bags 500 MW wind power projects in Gujarat
- Advocates held angry demonstration in New Vadodara district court premises on the very first working day
- 22 MoUs signed in Civil Aviation sector in last two vibrant Gujarat summits, 19 of them in initial stage: Gujarat govt