In pictures: Osamu Suzuki visits Maruti’s Gujarat plant siteAugust 25, 2012
Mehsana, 25 August 2012
Japan’s Suzuki Motor Corp (SMC) Chairman Osamu Suzuki today visited the site here where its subsidiary Maruti Suzuki India plans to set up a new manufacturing unit at an investment of Rs 4,000 crore.
Accompanied by Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) Chairman R C Bhargava, company Managing Director and CEO Shinzo Nakanishi and state government officials, Suzuki inspected the 700-acre site besides meeting local people.
“He (Osamu Suzuki) took an idea of the land allotted to us by the state government. The site and location of the plant is very good,” Bhargava told reporters.
MSI is planning to set up a new plant that will have a capacity to roll out 2.5 lakh cars annually by 2015-16, besides setting up a skill development centre.
Bhargava said no ground breaking ceremony for the plant, which is near Mehsana, could take place in next 2-3 months before infrastructure requirements are put in place.
Sounding upbeat about the location, he said: “The local people are also very good and welcoming. It is a great help for any company coming.”
- Massive crowd gathers at public meeting ahead of Shankar Chaudhary's nomination filling for Vav seat
- After decision to Y-category security, central team conducts survey at Hardik's Ahmedabad residence
- Rahul only expert in posing questions never bothers to reply one: Sitharaman in Gujarat
- RIL closes recently announced sale of assets in Pennsylvania
- Gujarat BJP announces fifth list of candidates
- Dropped as candidate, BJP MLA posts this Facebook post to show dissent