Congress fields candidate on NCP seatsNovember 30, 2012
Ahmedabad, 30 November 2012
It seems Ahmed Patel – Praful Patel friendship has successfully fooled Sharad Pawar.
First the Congress didn’t give 11 seats to NCP, and settled the seat adjustment on only 8 seats.
Then Congress fielded its candidate on Limbayat seat against NCP candidate by giving official mandate.
Now Congress has given mandate to party candidates on three more seats where NCP is contesting.
In Shehra, Congress has given mandate to Takhtasinhji while in Vav the party has given mandate to Geniben Thakor. In Akota Congress has given mandate to Patel candidate.
Thus, it clearly seems that out of 8 seats allotted to NCP, the Congress party is contesting on 3 seats. And even on other few seats, NCP has apparently gained nothing through the seat arrangement.
Like say, in Sarsa where Gujarat NCP chief is contesting, former Congress MLA Subhash Shelat is contesting on his own. Not only this but sitting Congress MLA has joined BJP instead of supporting NCP.
In Gondal, the fight between Gujarat Parivartan Party’s Gordhan Zadafia and BJP’s Jayrajsinh is ruining NCP sitting MP Vaghasia’s chances. It is now more or less the known fact that Zadafia’s party is backed by Congress behind-the-curtain.
- Three Congress MLAs Balwantsinh Rajput, Tejshriben and Prahlad Patel join BJP
- Gujarat flood: 21 trains cancelled, 14 short-terminated, five diverted, 1 rescheduled
- Vijapur Congress MLA P.I. Patel resigns, will join BJP
- Congress Chief Whip Balwantsinh Rajput, MLA Tejshriben Patel resign
- PM dedicates Kalam Memorial, flags off a train to Ayodhya at Rameswaram
- Despite heaviest downpour of the season, Airport operations in Ahmedabad normal