Congress fields candidate on NCP seatsNovember 30, 2012
Ahmedabad, 30 November 2012
It seems Ahmed Patel – Praful Patel friendship has successfully fooled Sharad Pawar.
First the Congress didn’t give 11 seats to NCP, and settled the seat adjustment on only 8 seats.
Then Congress fielded its candidate on Limbayat seat against NCP candidate by giving official mandate.
Now Congress has given mandate to party candidates on three more seats where NCP is contesting.
In Shehra, Congress has given mandate to Takhtasinhji while in Vav the party has given mandate to Geniben Thakor. In Akota Congress has given mandate to Patel candidate.
Thus, it clearly seems that out of 8 seats allotted to NCP, the Congress party is contesting on 3 seats. And even on other few seats, NCP has apparently gained nothing through the seat arrangement.
Like say, in Sarsa where Gujarat NCP chief is contesting, former Congress MLA Subhash Shelat is contesting on his own. Not only this but sitting Congress MLA has joined BJP instead of supporting NCP.
In Gondal, the fight between Gujarat Parivartan Party’s Gordhan Zadafia and BJP’s Jayrajsinh is ruining NCP sitting MP Vaghasia’s chances. It is now more or less the known fact that Zadafia’s party is backed by Congress behind-the-curtain.
- Nadiad court gives 4-year jail to Sub Inspector Zala in atrocity case
- Baby takes birth in GSRTC bus in Godhra
- European turbine maker teams up with Indian company for 300-MW wind project in Kutch
- Rupani to handover water coolers, water tanks to BSF in border district Kutch
- Why the Malafide Impeachment Motion was bound to fail? A note by Arun Jaitley
- Asaram Bapu guilty of rape: Jodhpur Court in 2013 case