Bombay Land Revenue act to be replaced by a new law in GujaratMay 24, 2009
Bombay Land Revenue act to be replaced by a new law in Gujarat
By our correspondent
Gandhinagar, DeshGujarat, 24 May, 2009
Gujarat’s district collectors met recently in Gandhinagar’s GERC building to discuss modules of proposed Gujarat Land Administration Act 2009.
The new act would replace existing Bombay Land Revenue Act in the state.
The Bombay Land Revenue Act was formed during British rule in year 1879. The Gujarat Government intends to replace it with a new relevant and modern law.
A senior government official said, “We are in procedure to form a new law that would replace existing Bombay Land Revenue Act, which was formed in 1879. We are taking in to consideration the future developmental aspects of Gujarat in this process. The new law would be named Gujarat Land Administration Law, 2009. We will submit our conclusions to the Gujarat Government in July, before session of Gujarat assembly.”
- Gujarat board to declare Class 12 general stream exam results on May 31
- Chief Minister offers shramdan at yet another Jal Sanchay Yojna work site
- Nitin Patel rubbishes rumors being spread on social media about him; CM finds such trash on social media not worth reacting
- Over 500 junior doctors of Ahmedabad civil hospital on flash strike again
- Social media lauds AMC's strict actions against litterers as videos go viral
- RIL partners with PROLINE to co-brand sports apparels