Modi asks centre to include Ahmedabad-Mumbai bullet train in budgetJune 05, 2009
Modi asks centre to include Ahmedabad-Mumbai bullet train in budget
Vadodara, 5 June, 2009
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday asked the Central government to give priority to the proposal for a bullet train link between Ahmedabad and Mumbai and include the same in the forthcoming Railway Budget. He was speaking at the unveiling of Bombardier’s Movia metro car in Savli, Vadodara.
“The bullet train will help the speedy development of Gujarat. If the two cities develop together, the development will be faster. The bullet train has now become a necessity for the two cities,” said Modi.
He said the manner in which population is increasing in the big cities and travel time in cities like Mumbai is going up by two to three hours, “a speedy mass transport system is the only solution” adding that rail transport is environment-friendly.
“The pollution percentage with regard to surface transport is 84 per cent due to vehicular traffic, 15 per cent due to aircraft and only 1 per cent for rail transport,” he said.
- PM Modi through power of innovation catapulting India into one of great powers of world:Netanyahu
- PM Modi inaugurates iCreate campus in Gujarat in presence of Israel PM
- Israeli PM accorded grand and colourful welcome in Gujarat, participates in half and hour 8 km long India Cultural Road Show
- Live: Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu in Gujarat
- Crime Branch shares factual details contrary to Pravin Togadia's version
- Modi - Netanyahu to visit Rs 12 crore Centre of Excellence for Vegetables