Total strike in Amreli against police line boys gundaismMarch 02, 2010
Total strike in Amreli against police line boys gundaism
By our correspondent
Amreli, DeshGujarat, 2 March, 2010
Saurashtra’s Amreli is observing strike today against failure of police and gundaism and harassment of Police line boys.
The strike call given by traders and shop keepers of Jeshingpara area invoked total response. All markets, shops are closed and traffic is below normal.
In the morning, thousands of people of Amreli were on street. They joined a rally to submit a memorandum against local police failure to district collector demanding stringent action against lethargic local police and alleged culprit police line boys who kidnapped and beat one person.
People participating in rally said: “the government should prevent Amreli to become Bihar. The police is completely failure here. There is terror of police line boys against whom police never take action for obvious reasons.”
It should be mentioned here that several major towns and cities of Saurashtra are facing police line boys gundaism menace. Boys of policemen living in police lines form groups and behave with common people in a fashion that they are not threatened by any law and they are free to do minor offenses now and then without any fear. Common people on street hardly can register a complaint against sons of policemen. When somebody dares, the police cover up the things. Amreli Bandh happened after police boys crossed all limits and kidnapped a student in their car to brutally beat him.
In Amreli issue, the police has arrested the culprits and they are on police remand as of now.
- Jain mandals against animal export from Tuna port in Kutch
- Apart from open ground, parking space will also be required for opening a school
- One dead, 3 injured in gas cylinder blast in road-side tea-snacks cabin
- Major fire in pharma company in Vapi GIDC, no loss of life or injury reported
- Surat district court rejects Alpesh Kathiria's anticipatory bail plea in sedition case
- CBI files FIR against its own Special Director and Gujarat cadre IPS Rakesh Asthana