Home » Business » Watch Rs 5000 and 10000 Indian currency notes(photos)

Watch Rs 5000 and 10000 Indian currency notes(photos)

Watch Rs 5000 and 10000 Indian currency notes(photos)
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 7 April, 2010

Collectors of note graphics and people interested in tracing back the history of the Indian currency system might be able to do so at the original bank notes exhibition organized by the Reserve Bank of India. RBI, Ahmedabad has organized exhibition of original bank notes issued by the central bank since 1935 as a part of its Platinum Jubilee Celebrations.

Interesting facts:

-Once upon a time in India, banks were free to issue their own bank notes, cheques and there were no or few restrictions on capital reserves too. There was free entry and exit of banks.This ‘free banking’ era ended in 1861 when the Paper Currency Act came into force, giving the government the monopoly of issuing bank notes in India.

-The Reserve Bank of India came into existence 75 years ago on April 1, 1935 to regulate the issue of bank notes and maintaining reserves with a view to securing monetary stability in India and to operate the currency and credit system of the country to its advantage.

-Currently, the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 has provisions to issue notes of denominations up to Rs 10,000. The government, on the advice of the Reserve Bank, can decide on various denominations of bank notes to be issued. At present, notes are issued in denominations of Rs 5, Rs 10, Rs 20, Rs 50, Rs 100, Rs 500 and Rs 1,000. While as per the provisions of the Coinage Act, 1906, coins can be issued up to a denomination of Rs 1,000.

-Though originally privately-owned, the Reserve Bank of India became fully-owned by the government, post nationalization in 1949. 2009-10 was celebrated as the Platinum Jubilee year for RBI to commemorate 75 years of its ‘promise to pay’.

-With time, however, notes of smaller denominations were converted into coins as they constituted higher proportion of notes in circulation in terms of number while accounting for a lower value.

Comments

1. Dharmesh says:

Looking at current spiking inflation, and if congressis not outstead from county…
    Days are not far, we will be soon on zimbabwe path and will certainly need such huge currency bils…
    Mark my words……….

2. Hindu Boy says:

Sab ko crorepati banna hai par voh din bhi dur ahi jab crore rupe mein chullu bar pani bhi nahi milega

3. heer says:

Darmesh! Pacho Bhuligayo ne!

What congressis ? Say Maino congressis.

Original congress was Indian nation Congress.
    Working for Hindus and Muslims, Sikhs and Christians alike.
    For Rich and Poor.
    For Freedom and dignity of Indians.
    To Days congress Is A Foreign National Congress.
    A Maino Congress, for Mafiosa Antonia Maino.
    It works to reverse independence.
    It denigrates Indians in the World.
    It wants Hindus and Muslims to be forcefully and by subterfuge converted to Catholicism.
    It has wrapped India in a Blanket of Ignorance, by capturing all News media Print and Tv News media by foreign inspired fifth columnists.

Quotrocchi who was a Mafia Mastermind infiltrated congress and ruled India illegally by using PMO during Rajivs life Time
    Congress is Highjacked for the benefit of Proxy Raj by USA and Vatican.
    All those who are members of Maino Congress without questioning the Boffers History and Maino intentions are not only fools but enemies of India and Indians, Hindu or Muslims or Christians.

4. rudra says:

BY 2021 INDIA WILL BE A SUPER POWER BUT ONE THE MOST POOREST COUNTRY OF THE WORLD ALMOST 90 CR POPULATION WILL BE BELOW POVERTY LINE.,BECAUSE INDIAN POPULATION ULMOST 140CR SO SOIL FOR CROPES WILL DECREASE.FOOD CRISES,IMPORTIN FOOD FROM ABRODE,ALL THE BUSINESS RUNNING BY MULTINATIONAL COMAPNY,DRINKING WATER PROBLEM20 RS PERLITTER WATER AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET.ALMOST ALL THE RIVER WILL BE POLUTED.WE EXPORTING COMPUTER BUT IMPORTIN WATER,RICE FLOUR,SUGARNOBODY WILL BE READY JOIN ARMY.,BRAINDRAIN(DUE TO RESREVATION ALMOST 50%EDUCATED PEOPLE WENT TO ABRODE,ALMOST 5 CR BANGLADESHI RESIDES OFFICAIL IN INDIA,SOME STATES BECOME INDIPENDANT COUNTRY LIKE MIZORAM,NAGALAND,KERALA.JK,DOLLER WILL BE ALMOST 100RS.NATURAL RESORCES WILL OVER ,DESERTIFICATION WILL INCREASE,OLD AGE PEOPLE CAN NOT SURVIEV LONLEY. I PRAY TO GOD THIS THINGS WILL NOT HAPPEN.(THIS IS MY PERSONEL OPINION.)

5. jay patel says:

Dear All user

Koi ne pase che 5000 ni ke 10000 rs ni note. hoy to maro contact karo yar M- 9067198900.

6. sanjeev says:

This is sanjeev kumar from punjab. i am dealing in old indian currency currency.please cont;09814655200

• Anuj Lohiya says:

hiiiiii I am Anuj Lohiya,
      I have oldest Currancy half anna science 1818 made by East India Company.
      please Tell me how much pay this coin. Please Contact +91-9015329799

7. sanjeev says:

I can buy 1000rs and 5000rs and 10000rs old indian notes .if any one had.please cont :09814655200

8. Deepak says:

Hi.. This is deepak
    Baba ramdev want to remove 500 &1000 note what about 5000& 10000 note……

9. Ram Gi says:

Support anna hazare and be a g0od citizen of our India.
    Jai ho

10. Soumen Chakraborty says:

Hi, if anybody have original 5000 rupee note or 10000 rupee note, plase contact through my email id. No fake note please, dealer excuse.

11. dadurao says:

i have 1000 rupee note with temple at back call me for best price for deal.or contact me at9870576642

12. ajith jAIN M says:

FRIENDS IF YOU HAVE 10000 AND 5000 RUPEE NOTES THEN PLEASE CONTACT ME. I AM A COLLECTOR OF OLD COINS AND NOTES.I REQUEST YOU TO CONTACT ME.MY CONTACT NO:+919600200140.

13. ashok says:

hi iam from gujarat all type india not and antiq by sall pl contact me and my id

14. suresh parjpati says:

I hv one note of Rs. 5 with symbol of Tractor on back side, i want o sold it interest person can be contract on my mobile no 9582947394

15. KUNAL VERMA says:

I HAVE 10000 rs NOTE OF IYENGAR , 1000 rs NOTE OF J B TAYLOR WHICH I WANT TO SELL PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 08417805681 OR MAIL ME AT coolkunal.21@rediffmail.com REPLY SOON

16. bittu says:

i want too tenthousandruppe note,coin,i will pay money. how mouch the coust

17. m.sathma says:

indian note is the best currency note.I like it.

18. vipul tejani says:

iam from gujarat all type india not and antiq by sall pl contact me and my id

19. sudhir says:

I am intrested in 1,000 5,000 and 10,000 indian notes pleae call on 9922113224.

20. Abdulkadar says:

I want 5000 & 10000 note And 1000 OF IYENGAR Pls cont.09723520261

21. dinkarwagh says:

it had to be band bcoz it might be harmful for India ECONOMY

22. anis shaikh says:

i m intrested in buying 5000 & 10,000 rupees old notes if any body have then contact on 9738538576

23. vinod seth says:

I am interested to purchase 5000/- and 10,000/- notes, kindly contact me 93162 02810.

Thanks

24. Sonal Shikha says:

I want to know when Rs. 1000 paper currency carrying Mahatma Gandhi came in the market flow?

25. arulanandam says:

i want 10000 rs currencies of government of india with george v th photo.contact me 07502338919

26. shridhar.D says:

I need 5000 rs note and 10000 rs note as well as old coins .if any body to sell them pl contact me through my email id

27. amol chourasia says:

I have a strange note of 100rupee
    9GW J 000000
    Anokha hai na
    kya ye posibl hai serise
    Amol chourasia
    (ADVOCAT)
    09300245796 (m.p.)

28. K.S.Chakravarti says:

i need 1000,5000 and 10000 rupees notes. Please contact me if you having.
    killi.chakravarti@gmail.com

29. AVDHESH says:

I want to know the size of 5000 and 10000 Rupees Notes.

30. chandru says:

1pies 1824 patteren coine sell call me 09443011253 tamilnadu

31. rajiv singh says:

mera ak 10 ka note hai symbol of one boat bara size

32. rajiv singh says:

woh chahe toh call kijiye 8729960531

33. romil singhal says:

34. punjab says:

I have rupee2 anna8 old note any body interest to buy…..mail me ur price

35. Mohammed ruman says:

Helo…! I have 10rs old black note and 20rs old note and 5rs old note (governer – narsimharao) and also 2rs note with (governer – manmohan Singh) and also 1rs note. and all types of old coins from vijayanagar empire. and also all types of notes since from 1954 up till comming year all types of notes are avilable. if anybdy intrstd plz contact dis num 91 8792594399

36. s.mohan says:

i have 100rs note c.d.deshmukh signed sold in immediately any one interest cal me 9884753335

37. satyajit ghadage says:

i want sell 100 rs fancy no. Note 999999…and lots of lucky no. 786 notes anyone interested then call me 8600917654

38. rajkumar says:

Bilibthe i dot maind

39. pawan kumar says:

can buy 1000rs and 5000rs and 10000rs indian Ruppes.if any one had.please cont :09811393366

40. Dipak kumar paswan says:

Please mujhe 5000 aur 10000 rupee ka note ka pics dekhna hai agar kisi ke paas wo note hai to plz mujhe uski pics mail kare. Meri id hai.
    dipakkumarpaswan5@gmail.com