Gujarat Budget:Allocation for Dream City, Smart Cities, Metro rail, River FrontFebruary 24, 2015
In his budget speech today, Finance Minister Saurabh Patel announced Rs. 10,269.74 crore allocation for the Urban Development and Urban Housing department. Some of the eye-catching features of this allocations are listed out below:
-Rs. 611 crore for initial phase of Ahmedabad Metro Rail project.
-Rs. 200 crore for the projects of developing the unique identity of cities.
-Rs. 150 crore for the works related to Smart City.
-Rs. 100 crore for the works related to the Ring Road for the cities including Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar and Vadodara.
-Rs. 75 crore for Dream City project at Surat.
-Rs. 50 crore for Vishwamitri river front project related works in Vadodara.
-Rs. 50 crore for basic amenities in the newly formed 6 municipalities.
-Apani Mandi in cities where the farmers will be able to sell their organic products directly in the urban areas.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Narmada main canal water only for drinking purpose: Banaskantha collector warns citizens
- Congress councilors, office bearers join BJP in Bardoli: Kunvarji Halpati rejoin BJP in Mandvi
- 17 names for Congress candidature on Jamnagar Lok Sabha seat
- Water enough for two-month use added to Ranjitsagar dam through SAUNI
- Hitesh Patel, wanted in Vadodara based Sterling Biotech case detained in Albania
- PM Modi lashes out at Congress over Rahul Gandhi aide Sam Pitroda's tweets 'demeaning India's armed forces'