Naika, Machhu-2, Ashapura dams overflowJuly 10, 2011
Naika, Machhu-2, Ashapura dams overflow
Surendranagar, 11 July, 2011
Surendranagar district’s Naika dam started overflowing today in the afternoon after heavy rain in its catchment areas of Chotila and Muli talukas.
Naika dam’s 15 gates out of total 34 are opened to release overflowing water.
Gautamgadh, Kukada, Godavari and Shekhpar villages located in the down stream are alerted for possible flood.
District’s lifeline like Bhogavo river has got new life with water flowing in it and level increasing rapidly.
Similarly, Machhu-2 dam located near Rajkot district’s Morbi town is overflowing. Ten gates of this dam are opened by the administration to release extra water.
Rajkot district’s Ashapura dam has also started overflowing. This dam is located near Gondal.
Low lying villages in downstream areas are alerted.
- After Vajpayee's funeral, PM Modi leaves for Kerala to take stock of flood situation
- 5 killed in road mishap in Central Gujarat
- Live: People paying final respect to Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Two arrested in Surat for flying drone to capture Tiranga rally visuals
- Monsoon in action in Gujarat again, heavy to very heavy rain at several places including Ahmedabad city
- In pictures: Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Gujarat