Naika, Machhu-2, Ashapura dams overflowJuly 10, 2011
Naika, Machhu-2, Ashapura dams overflow
Surendranagar, 11 July, 2011
Surendranagar district’s Naika dam started overflowing today in the afternoon after heavy rain in its catchment areas of Chotila and Muli talukas.
Naika dam’s 15 gates out of total 34 are opened to release overflowing water.
Gautamgadh, Kukada, Godavari and Shekhpar villages located in the down stream are alerted for possible flood.
District’s lifeline like Bhogavo river has got new life with water flowing in it and level increasing rapidly.
Similarly, Machhu-2 dam located near Rajkot district’s Morbi town is overflowing. Ten gates of this dam are opened by the administration to release extra water.
Rajkot district’s Ashapura dam has also started overflowing. This dam is located near Gondal.
Low lying villages in downstream areas are alerted.
- Royal Vopak to set up Rs 1500 crore facility at Dahej PCPIR based chemical terminal
- President appoints four new Judges in Gujarat High Court
- Gujarat garba gripped as Navratri 2018 enters into last phase
- Groups of Patidars protest arrest of Bharat Ambaliya in intercaste marriage linked abduction case
- Shaktisinh Gohil seeks apology from CM Rupani, warns to file criminal complaint and defamation suit
- Inside the Statue of Unity and view from gallery