Naika, Machhu-2, Ashapura dams overflowJuly 10, 2011
Naika, Machhu-2, Ashapura dams overflow
Surendranagar, 11 July, 2011
Surendranagar district’s Naika dam started overflowing today in the afternoon after heavy rain in its catchment areas of Chotila and Muli talukas.
Naika dam’s 15 gates out of total 34 are opened to release overflowing water.
Gautamgadh, Kukada, Godavari and Shekhpar villages located in the down stream are alerted for possible flood.
District’s lifeline like Bhogavo river has got new life with water flowing in it and level increasing rapidly.
Similarly, Machhu-2 dam located near Rajkot district’s Morbi town is overflowing. Ten gates of this dam are opened by the administration to release extra water.
Rajkot district’s Ashapura dam has also started overflowing. This dam is located near Gondal.
Low lying villages in downstream areas are alerted.
- Heat wave likely to make comeback from April 26, Ahmedabad to see Orange level warning initially which might escalate to Red level alert
- Record break 64.11% turnout in Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Gujarat, highest ever in state
- GoAir announces 2 additional flights from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Akshay Kumar's non-political interaction with PM Narendra Modi
- Jio fastest with 22.2 mbps download speed in March, Vodafone leads in upload: TRAI
- Taj hotel in Ahmedabad by mid 2020; it will be located on Sindhu Bhavan road