Naika, Machhu-2, Ashapura dams overflowJuly 10, 2011
Naika, Machhu-2, Ashapura dams overflow
Surendranagar, 11 July, 2011
Surendranagar district’s Naika dam started overflowing today in the afternoon after heavy rain in its catchment areas of Chotila and Muli talukas.
Naika dam’s 15 gates out of total 34 are opened to release overflowing water.
Gautamgadh, Kukada, Godavari and Shekhpar villages located in the down stream are alerted for possible flood.
District’s lifeline like Bhogavo river has got new life with water flowing in it and level increasing rapidly.
Similarly, Machhu-2 dam located near Rajkot district’s Morbi town is overflowing. Ten gates of this dam are opened by the administration to release extra water.
Rajkot district’s Ashapura dam has also started overflowing. This dam is located near Gondal.
Low lying villages in downstream areas are alerted.
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reacts to 5 State assembly poll results
- PM Narendra Modi reacts to five-state assembly election results
- Car bangs the international terminal in Ahmedabad, driver slapped with heavy fine
- Shaktikant Das appointed new RBI Governor for three years
- Lioness in Devaliya Safari Park of Gujarat dies
- Jio to become India's No 1 telecom operator by 2021: Bernstein report