President of Zambia Michael Sata on private visit to GujaratMarch 24, 2012
By DeshGujarat News, Ahmedabad, 24 March 2012
The 75-year-old Zambian President, Michael Sata landed at Ahmedabad’s Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport in a chartered flight on Thursday at around 10.00 pm for prostate(unconfirmed) related medical treatment.
Sata is accompanied by three member personal crew including his wife Christine Kaseba ( a medical doctor ) and his spokesperson George Chella.
Sata is known as King Cobra in his home country.
Sources told DeshGujarat that he is undergoing treatment at Samved hospital, Navrangpura. This hospital majorly deals with the patients of prostate, kidney stone and bladder surgery.
As he has been given the state guest status, proper security has been provided at Taj Gateway Hotel near the Ahmedabad airport where he stays.
Back at home in Zambia, Sata’s visit has been declared as private visit. This is the first trip Sata is taking out of Africa from the time he was elected president.
- At least 11, mostly Gujaratis dead, over 35 injured in two bus mishaps
- After review meeting CM Rupani says, extensive relief/rescue operations on, 214 saved
- Amid latest spell of heavy downpour Gujarat crosses half way mark of seasonal rain percentage
- Gujarat cadre IFS Bharat Lal appointed Joint Secretary to President of India
- Heavy rain in parts of Gujarat, several dams full, rescue operations launched, some major highways closed
- Forecast for rapid rise in water levels of rivers in Gujarat, MP, Rajasthan during 21-24 July