Modi opens Bhuj Narnarayandev MandirMay 18, 2010
Modi opens Bhuj Narnarayandev Mandir
Bhuj, DeshGujarat, 18 May, 2010
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi opened new Swaminarayan Mandir of Narnarayan Dev in Kutch district’s Bhuj town on Tuesday morning.
Speaking on this occasion, the Chief Minister urged local devotees to make Bhuj town green by planting trees. said that India is passing through a great socio-cultural enlightenment face inspired by the saintly traditions. He said the Indian society is reverberating with inner spiritual strength and in unison with saints would re-establish the rule of righteousness and emerge as a global guru of the 21st Century. Shri Modi recalled how the rulers of post-Independent India tried to break and mar India’s spiritual strength dubbing it as communalism. Had they tried to unite India’s lateral strengths, it would have already joined the league of developed nations.
He asked the historians to delve deeper into the contribution of 19th Century galaxy of religious and social reformers in India’s freedom struggle in motivating the people. The nation is once again passing through the same face of socio-cultural enlightenment in the 21st Century too.
Shri Modi also urged the people of Bhuj to convert Bhuj town in the semi-arid Kutch into greenery. He said there is enough water for trees to grow. He also honoured the Narnarayan Dev head priest Acharya Kaushlendra Prasad Maharaj and sadhus present on the occasion.
The new Swaminarayan Mandir has golden shikhar. Thousands of devotees from India and also foreign countries are gathered in Bhuj to attend the function.
Shri Tejendraprasadji, Shri Kaushalendraprasadji and other priests were present on the occasion.
- Another success in land acquisition for bullet train project in Surat district
- Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal tie nuptial knot over Vedic chants and Hindu tradition in Mumbai
- Exhibition on Futuristic Technologies at Science City for Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Northerly winds making weather colder in Gujarat, Maximum temperatures at most places fall below 30°C
- President Ram Nath Kovind will visit ‘Statue of Unity’ on Dec 15
- Union Railway Minister to dedicate Nation’s First Railway University in Vadodara on 15th December